Monday, April 21, 2008

The Quest for Less Caffeine!

Coffee is one of my closest friends. I love the smell of it, the feel of the cup in my hands, and the tummy-warming first cup experience every morning. My affair with coffee follows an arc whereby I drink more and more of it over the course of several months until one day I realize (usually very late at night) that I'm consuming a relatively obscene amount of the stuff... something like 6 cups of a size comparable to a Starbucks Grande. Between the sheer amount and the fact that I like cream or half and half (sugar too if I'm at Dunkin' Donuts) that's a lot of caffeine and alot of calories.

It is at these times that I undertake to quit the stuff! No, I really don't WANT to quit the stuff but I do need to get the habit under control. So it is now that I will demonstrate an attempt by your humble blogger to have only one, that's right O-N-E one reasonable sized cup of coffee a day. This cup can be a decent sized travel mug of approximately 12 ounces. I will have this coffee in the morning when I need it most. I will savor it. I will make it at home thereby saving several dollars a day. I will consume no other caffeine in the form of tea or soda.

Can it be done? Stay tuned! Tips are welcome.

Yours truly,
wontpower


P.S. I tend not to drink decaf coffee but decaf tea is ok with me for some reason.

No comments: